In 1947, the Sisters of Christ were asked by the Parish Priest of West Cowes to set up a school for the Parish's children. Two Sisters travelled daily from the Convent to West Cowes to teach children in the Parish Hall. In 1950, two prefabricated buildings were erected on the school's present site for 20 children from East and West Cowes.
In 1952, the school and land were given to the Portsmouth Diocese and in 1953 it was recognised by the Department for Education.
Numerous extensions have taken place since then, most recently in 2011.
The school is located within the former grounds of the Convent of the Cross, with access from Millfield Avenue. The school's extensive grounds, and fabulous views of the Solent, the entrance to the River Medina and West Cowes make this one of the finest school sites on the Island.